– It Can Take As Little As Thirty Seconds, Seriously – these days we should do some very simple fact-checking on stuff we’re sharing. Also related:
Isn’t it irresponsible, in light of the problem of fake news, to proclaim wholesale that retweets aren’t endorsements?
That IS what they are. If we aren’t willing or able to vouch for someone else’s claims, we shouldn’t retweet. https://t.co/p1i07fwnQb
— Eitan Hersh (@eitanhersh) March 9, 2018
– Be the casino: rules for winning at finance in an uncertain world – this is really good advice from Britton, a friend of mine who runs Seaborn Financial. If you’re looking for a financial advisor, check him out!
– After rising for 100 years, electricity demand is flat. Utilities are freaking out. – wow, great news! From squinting at the graph it looks like demand has been relatively flat since 2010 even as GDP has been increasing.
– State Lawmakers Want to Block Pornography at the Expense of Your Free Speech, Privacy, and Hard-Earned Cash – yikes, what? Very clever to title the bill the “Human Trafficking Prevention Act”…
– We need new ways of treating depression – an interesting longish read about depression (thanks David!)
– My Daughter Is Not Transgender. She’s a Tomboy. – aaaaa gender roles
– Experts Say Electronic Voting Machines Aren’t Secure. So Travis County Is Designing Its Own. – hey, that’s my county! And my CS prof from Rice!
– China’s Censors Ban Winnie the Pooh and the Letter ‘N’ After Xi’s Power Grab – ugh, this whole thing is not good
– How Inmates Play Tabletop RPGs in Prisons Where Dice Are Contraband – interesting! Lots of ingenuity there…
– The article here is fine but it has a correction at the bottom to end all corrections 🙂