– New antibody attacks 99% of HIV strains – wow! Human trials are supposed to start next year and still a lot of things could go wrong, but this is exciting!
– I wanted to understand why racists hated me. So I befriended Klansmen. – wow! Powerful story.
– One of the reasons I left LiveJournal was that they turned off HTTPS, which makes it very easy for people (ahem, Russian government) to get your password and see what you’re doing. Well, to my surprise they turned it back on again! Although there are still other reasons not to use LJ anymore….
– Boston University has developed a preliminary way of diagnosing CTE in living patients, which may have a big effect on the NFL.
– This video for Maroon 5’s “Sugar” is very sweet – they go around LA crashing weddings 🙂 (although would it have killed them to crash a gay wedding? They’re in California!) (thanks Jennifer!)
– How the Catalan government uses IPFS to sidestep Spain’s legal block – that is clever!
– The Good Place is a great show! If you’re watching it, here a giant list of food pun restaurants from a recent episode, and a ranking of the ones that actually showed up in the episode. (if you’re not watching, that second link has spoilers!)
– My Mass Shooting Ritual – it makes me incredibly depressed that I have the same thoughts. See also Our collective happiness on Twitter reaches a new low.
– Russian soccer officials add bleachers OUTSIDE stadium to satisfy FIFA – hah! That looks terrifying.