– You’re doing your weekend wrong – yeah, it can be surprisingly hard to do “free time” right, especially when it’s more limited (because, say, you have a baby) and if you’re tired. But I get a lot of fulfillment out of working on side project and feeling like I accomplished something.
– How Uber’s Hard-Charging Corporate Culture Left Employees Drained – I feel like I’m almost done with posting “Uber is terrible” articles because there are so many, but…man.
– A City’s Solution to Too Many 911 Calls – it saves everyone money! Clever idea.
– These 2 Medicaid provisions prevent medical debts from ruining people’s lives – huh, I had never heard of these. Neat! (thanks David!)
– The Company Behind Many Surprise Emergency Room Bills – grrrrrrrr
– Using Hilbert Curves to 100% Zelda – this is cool and also incredibly nerdy 🙂
– For some reason YouTube is full of remakes of Star Trek credits – Hah! I like the Friends one the most.
– How ISIS nearly stumbled on the ingredients for a
‘dirty bomb’ – umm, terrifying!
– Can we get to 350 ppm? Yes we can – an optimistic take on climate change.
– Being rich wrecks your soul. We used to know that. – interesting look at how our culture has changed its mind about this.
– 10,000 Hours With Claude Shannon: How A Genius Thinks, Works, and Lives – indeed, one of those geniuses that many people haven’t heard of. Sounds like he led an interesting life!
– The Myth of Drug Expiration Dates – interesting that the government tests drugs in their stockpile of medicine, and many last for years past their expiration date.
– The Way: How a Salado couple’s tragic story inspired a chart-topping song – wow, Fastball’s “The Way” is based on a true story!
– The 2 most popular critiques of basic income are both wrong – interesting! (thanks David!)