A list of random thoughts:
– Elissa, a friend of mine from Rice, has had an article published in the Chicago Tribune. Congrats! (thanks to Stanton)
– I took the elevator at work today up to the eighth floor (the top floor. my floor!), and stopped on every single floor. I think this is the first time that’s happened to me. Whee!
– Work is like super stressful, which sucks.
– We played Timesplitters 3 tonight for the first time. Verdict: it was fun, but takes some getting used to over the old one. The missions have a plot, which is new. It also froze on us twice, which is bad bad bad.
– The song “Let Go” by Frou Frou (on their Details album) is really really really cool. It’s the first track on the CD (which is in my car right now), and it mellows me out just hearing the opening. Pavlovian or something. On a related note, Frou Frou rock. I could listen to her voice all day, reading the phone book or something. (kinda like Dave Mathews)
– I’ve been really in to the Grey Album lately. I’ve never heard Jay-Z before, but I do like some rap (some of Eminem’s stuff), and the mashup is very cool – addicting stuff. I’m reconsidering getting that mashup album that they did with Linkin Park and Jay-Z (Collision Course) – I hesitated because you really only get 6 songs (and it’s pricey!), but I really like the one I heard on the radio, Numb/Encore. Actually, I think “Encore” is one of the Jay-Z songs used in the Grey Album. Neat! Anyway, what was I saying? Um, mashups are neat, which I’m sure everyone else discovered months and months ago. Fine, be that way.
– Time for bed. Good night!
Let’s give this poll thing a shot.
Hanging out here at the ranch – my mom’s in town for a conference and she’s staying with me. We went places looking for a LaTeX book and the new Timesplitters game for me (got game (David will be excited!), but no book), and a confirmation card for Carrie, which are apparently very very rare or something. Anyway, hopefully I’ll get a reasonable amount of sleep _and_ sleep well tonight, which would be the first time in a while. And then all my problems at work will clear up…and the world will live in harmony…
I’m now officially a paid member. So, you’ll be seeing more silly pictures like this one. Be warned!
(this picture was from when I was in the Austin Summer Musical for Children – you can see more pictures at my website!)
Sometimes, when I’m frustrated at my lack of progress and I’m trying to concentrate on what I need to get done, I get annoyed at people who are having a loud random conversation (not work-related). This is one of those times. Headphones with music help, though…
Does anyone else have this problem?
Usually the way it works with me is this (I’ll use the iPod as a case study, since that’s what I’m in the middle of right now):
– I hear about an iPod. Sounds kinda neat, but whatever. (wait anytime from a few days to a few months)
– Still thinking I don’t want one, I learn some more about it. Wow, this thing has some cool features! It makes toast AND does laundry! I decide that I want one. This is a dangerous phase, as I can be an impulse buyer (lasts a few days to a week or two)
– If I haven’t bought it, I convince myself that it’s not really that great, and I would never use an iPod anyway (lasts weeks to many months)
– I slowly start learning more about an iPod, and convince myself that it really is that cool, and it would be awesome to own one, and I would too use it sometimes, maybe. Then I either buy it, or go back to the previous step.
I think I’m back to step 3 about an iPod for now. Anyway, I think I’m gonna get a new cell phone – mine has pretty bad battery life at this point, and I can upgrade for cheap (thanks, T-Mobile!).
Man, what a long day. Can’t wait to start the weekend!
Getting started working in the morning can be hard. I just started playing some music, and discovered that the current song is great for that.
I’m tired, and I miss David.