Skip to content
- With Tech Expansion, Austin Is Still Weird. It’s Just More Wired Now, Too. – dang it, I’ve been to the Capital Factory a few times and no one told me there was a hidden room behind a bookcase!!
- How did society shift so abruptly to a politically correct culture? Everyone was saying whatever they wanted and no one would bat an eye, but now everything’s a micro-aggression? – this is a helpful explanation. Having privilege doesn’t make you bad, but failing to acknowledge your privilege and help others without your privilege does.
- I read 1,182 emergency room bills this year. Here’s what I learned. – this project is really important, and it has directly led to bills being introduced to Congress. (with some bipartisan support!) Hooray for journalism!
- The Way American Parents Think About Chores Is Bizarre – we haven’t had to tackle allowance stuff yet, but I did read this insane article about paying your kids to get dressed, etc. and it made me angry. I am a little worried about giving our kids an allowance and also requiring them to do chores, but not making it seem like we’re paying them to do the chores.
- How Does Your State Make Electricity? – wind power is on the rise in Texas!
- The most screwed-up employee perk in America (and the man who just might fix it) – long profile of Atul Gawande’s new venture to provide healthcare to employees of Amazon/JPMorgan Chase/Berkshire Hathaway. Hopefully something good will come of this!