– This Is What Obamacare’s Critics Won’t Admit Or Simply Don’t Understand – the Affordable Care Act has problems, but it’s done a lot of good.
– Republican Health Proposal Would Redirect Money From Poor to Rich – not a surprise here, but giving the same tax credit to everyone of the same age regardless of income is hugely regressive!
– Reflecting on one very, very strange year at Uber – wow. Wooooow. Pick your own headline here:
– Company with a creepy CEO and creepy policies also allows creepy employees to be creepy!
– Why aren’t there more women in tech? I don’t know, I guess it’s a pipeline problem or something! Nothing we can do!
– Dole Food Had Too Many Shares – man, the stock market is complicated!
– How to Keep Your Children From Learning Stereotypes – talk about individuals (“This Muslim family eats different foods”) instead of groups (“Muslims eat different foods”). Good stuff! (thanks Sid!)
– This is actually what America would look like without gerrymandering – old article, but putting redistricting in the hands of a fair algorithm seems like a good idea. I am sympathetic to the idea of keeping “communities of interest” together, but in practice that just hasn’t happened.
– Mike Piazza Learns How to Be an Owner. Of a Soccer Team. In Italy. – man, this sounds like a lot of fun…