Well, globally 2016 was pretty terrible, between Trump getting elected, all the celebrity deaths (Carrie Fisher, Prince, David Bowie, George Michael, Leonard Cohen, Muhammed Ali, Alan Rickman, John Glenn, Ron Glass, and many more…), and Brexit.
But personally it was a pretty good year. Here are some highlights:
– After announcing that we were expecting, our daughter Vanessa was born in September, with all the life upheaval that you would expect! She’s great, even as she’s having a cranky day as I post this. Both of my sisters also had children, so now Vanessa has even more cousins 🙂
– As a babymoon we took a short vacation to Universal Studios and Disneyland!
– Because the time when we could easily do such things was running short, David and I did a bunch of escape rooms around Austin. Some of them were really good!
– I went back to India for work for two weeks with a day layover in London. This time I see an insanely exciting cricket match in person!
– My baseball win expectancy finder got mentioned in an article in the Washington Post!
– I got promoted at work to Principal Software Engineer!
– I released Know Your States for Windows 10. It’s a good app if you desire to know your states 🙂 It also got featured by a few Windows app sites.
– I released Airport Guides for Windows 10, and later for Android. (they’re free apps, check them out if you travel!)
– I also released Bridge Scorer for Windows 10.
– I went on a bit of a React kick this year, updating my floating point to hex calculator to use it (and show a nifty visualization of what the bits do!) as well as my Clue(TM) solver.
– I opined about why I don’t like Uber.
Here’s to 2017!