– What GitHub did to kill its trolls – see, it is possible to deal with trolls! You just need the will to do so…
– Prince’s Closest Friends Share Their Best Prince Stories – these are pretty good. If you haven’t seen it, his part in the performance of “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty amazing (and here’s an explanation why!)
– The Great A.I. Awakening – impressive work by Google on Google Translate, and the article has a pretty good description of neural networks, too!
– Uber said it protects you from spying. Security sources say otherwise – wait, are you telling me Uber isn’t trustworthy? *drops monocle in surprise*
– Now you can fact-check Trump’s tweets — in the tweets themselves – this is cool, although I doubt the people who will install the extension are the ones who need it. (maybe a good idea to install it on your relative’s computers?)
– Trump Isolates Himself with C.I.A. Attack – yay, I guess, although the CIA is apparently eager to please sitting presidents so this may not last long. (thanks David!)
– 99 Reasons 2016 Was a Good Year – hooray!
– Devious Ransomware Frees You if You Infect Two Other People – you got chain letters in my ransomware!
– Alabama Prosecutor Sets the Penalties and Fills the Coffers – wow, that is shady. Glad the guy is on his way out, but still… (thanks Adam!)
– How the Twinkie Made the Superrich Even Richer – man, I understand people losing their jobs to automation, but there is still something seriously wrong here. I’m going to go with the whole company going into bankruptcy -> private group buys it for cheap then doesn’t have to pay preexisting pensions.
– DARE: The Anti-Drug Program That Never Actually Worked – whatever, I went through DARE and didn’t use drugs. Science!