– The controversy behind Disney’s groundbreaking new princess (Moana) – the “controversy” here is that one woman thinks that Moana is fat (she is not – look at the pictures!) and:
I think it tells girls that they don’t have to be fit. I think it’s setting up girls for unhealthy lives in the future and also for disappointing romantic lives.
which is so amazingly stupid I just can’t even. Anyway, Moana is a good movie and you should see it!
– Depressing Trump links: these are important, but maybe don’t read them all one after another? Trump: The Choice We Face, Coping with Chaos in the White House (thanks Andrew!), and Twenty lessons in how to deal with authoritarianism.
– The Time an Engineer Accidentally Started the Space Race and Changed the Course of History – interesting, I didn’t realize the space race took such cajoling to get started!
– Seattle Minimum Wage Experiment is Over – they raised their minimum wage to $15/hour and unemployment is down!
– How to Talk to Someone You Hate – some good advice here (thanks David!)
– The Real Reason Women Quit Tech (and How to Address It) – sigh, but at least there are ways to address this (thanks Adam!)
– Quantum physics offers new way to factor numbers – interesting! (thanks Stephen!)
– See Incredible Basketball Shot Set New World Record – impressive!