– This Algorithm Accidentally Predicted Which Hospital Patients Were Most Likely To Die – neat! (thanks Dan!)
– The Economics of Dining as a Couple – funny, and the best part is the standard disclaimer at the bottom: “This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.” For the record, David and I are somewhere between options 2 and 3.
– A theory of creepiness – a little more philosophical than I usually like, but I found it interesting.
– Blame BP for Deepwater Horizon. But Direct Your Outrage to the Actual Mistake. – yeah, many of these types of failures are systemic and build up over a long period of time.
– How the Maker of the EpiPen Made Government Its Ally – yeah, this is the problem with…lobbyists, I guess? Something is wrong here.
– More than a hundred Star Trek cast and crew sign off on anti-Trump letter – random, but neat I guess!