– We Need to Literally Declare War on Climate Change – interesting idea. In the US I fear we don’t have the political will to do this.
– How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Differ on Taxes – Hillary wants to raise taxes for people making more than $1 million, and Trump wants to dramatically lower them. What a surprise!
– This Is Why There Are So Many Ties In Swimming – neat! Significant digits are fun.
– This is the best Usain Bolt picture that’s ever been taken – hah, that’s great! (this was a semifinal, not the final, so maybe that’s why he’s so relaxed?)
– The Soviet Doping Plan: Document Reveals Illicit Approach to ’84 Olympics – yikes, looks like the Soviets doped for a long time…
– Stealing bitcoins with badges: How Silk Road’s dirty cops got caught – Bitcoin is anonymous but very traceable.
– Learned Optimism – an interesting presentation about the difference between optimists and pessimists, and how you can train yourself to be more optimistic.
– The hottest new board games from Gen Con 2016 – some of these look pretty cool. Anyone played any of them?
– What does it take to be the organist for the Boston Red Sox? – man, that seems like a great job! (although I’m not hip enough to recognize most of the songs he plays in the clips in the article 😦 )
– The Seven Ways To Become An Animation Powerhouse – apparently Laika makes good movies! I liked Coraline a lot, and they just came out with Kubo and the Two Strings which is getting great reviews. (although why use Rotten Tomatoes when Metacritic exists and is a better metric?)