– I’d like to believe we live in a country where Donald Trump couldn’t get elected. (here’s a fun list of “reasons Donald Trump is a fascist”) But he won in the primaries and he’s been climbing up in the polls (as of this moment FiveThirtyEight has him at a 40% chance to win, which is not much worse than a coin flip), and I just don’t know anymore.
If you don’t want to see him elected, be sure to register to vote! This honestly may be one of those moments where you’ll want to look back on and say “I did everything I could to stop Trump”. (which, because of our politics/electoral system, means voting for Hillary even if she isn’t your first choice…just putting that out there)
– Related to “things you should do before you run out of time” (but way more cheerful!), there’s only a week left to upgrade to Windows 10 for free – after that it costs $119 or something. (and once you do, check out those sweet gregstoll.com apps! 🙂 )
– Is Sushi ‘Healthy’? What About Granola? Where Americans and Nutritionists Disagree – nice view of the different beliefs between people who know (nutritionists) and the rest of us! (hint: granola bars aren’t healthy 😦 ) (thanks Emily!)
– How Uber secretly investigated its legal foes — and got caught – Uber is just a shady shady company.
– Malcolm Gladwell got us wrong: Our research was key to the 10,000-hour rule, but here’s what got oversimplified – it’s not 10,000 hours for every field, and it takes deliberate practice. Also, it’s a logarithmic curve, so spending just a few hundred hours can make you pretty darn good at something!
– How the Internet Saved Turkey’s Internet-Hating President – FaceTime was instrumental in showing that the president was still alive/free!
– The 50 Best Animated Films Of The 21st Century So Far – seems a little silly to pitch it this way where we’re only 16% through the century, but there are a lot of good films on here. A lot of my favorites are in the top 10, although leaving off Howl’s Moving Castle is a controversial choice in the Stoll-Jedlicka household 🙂
– The 2016 “Board Game of the Year” nominees, reviewed – surprised that I’ve actually played three of these! (thanks Alejandro!)