– Trump Plays the Man’s Card – Trump accusing Hillary of playing the “woman’s card” is just so dumb. It’s so dumb, you guys!
– Workers Are Getting a Bit More of the Economic Pie (and Shareholders Less) – unexpected hooray!
– More Evidence for Lead Poisoning as Key Crime Driver – Lead is bad, and there’s growing evidence banning lead in gasoline, etc. causes the big drop in crime in the 1990s. According to the study, “cities that used lead pipes had between 14 and 36 percent higher homicide rates than cities that did not”, which is a pretty huge result! For more depressing facts about lead and why it took the US until the 1970s to ban it, see The Nightly Show’s Super Depressing Deep Dive.
– Millennials’ Political Views Don’t Make Any Sense – some of this is unfair (58% of Millennials want to cut taxes overall, but 66% want to raise taxes on the wealthy: there’s no contradiction there!), but there are definitely some confusing results in there.
– Why You Can’t Lose Weight on a Diet – bodies are complicated. (thanks David!)
– Simulating Instant Runoff Flips Most Donald Trump Primary Victories – related to what I mentioned last month, it does in fact look like doing Instant Runoff voting in Georgia would have let Rubio win instead of Trump.
– Money, Race and Success: How Your School District Compares – as the article says, “Sixth graders in the richest school districts are four grade levels ahead of children in the poorest districts”, and even (or especially?) in the wealthiest classrooms black and Hispanic children are behind white children. Siiiigh.
– When Elite Parents Dominate Volunteers, Children Lose – a kind of sad look at when parents forget that not everyone can afford what they can. (thanks Christi!)
– The Failed Promise of Legal Pot – an interesting look at why people still sell marijuana illegally in Colorado.