– Is Hillary Clinton Dishonest? – lots of people think so, but that seems unfair, especially given the many, many years of scrutiny she’s gotten from the media.
– The Minecraft Generation: How a clunky Swedish computer game is teaching millions of children to master the digital world – Pretty cool stuff! I’m glad there’s an easy way for kids to play with programming, even if it’s in a weird form.
– What Would Happen If We Just Gave People Money? – yeah, another Universal Basic Income article. The concept still fascinates me, though!
– 4 Men with 4 Very Different Incomes Open Up About the Lives They Can Afford – it blows my mind that the guy making $1 million a year worries about money once a week. (thanks David!)
– My Worst Nightmare — What If I Accidentally Raise The Bully? – I’ve been reading more parenting articles (for some reason!), and I worry about raising a good kid, and this article gives me hope that you can step in and make a difference.
– Can Metascores Predict Box Office Performance? Yes, they can (for major releases) – it affects opening weekend, but it affects subsequent weekends more, which makes sense as people hear that a movie is great/terrible (*cough* Batman v Superman) from their friends. I’m happy that there is some relationship here! (although: what is the deal with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2? Got good reviews but it sank like a stone its second weekend…)
– VW Presentation in ’06 Showed How to Foil Emissions Tests – in case you weren’t convinced that whole emissions thing wasn’t totally intentional by Volkswagen.
– Exactly how male gamers react when they are forced to play female characters – interesting idea!
– Everyone Files Their Taxes At The Last Minute – I love the spike in mid-April _and_ mid-October…
– 1 Minute of All-Out Exercise May Have Benefits of 45 Minutes of Moderate Exertion – the 7 minute workout taken to an extreme!
– 22 Incredible Facts About The Life and Career Of Sir Christopher Lee – clickbait title, but wow! “The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare” sounds amazing.
– How Facebook Could Tilt the 2016 Election – another clickbait title (this is just a thought experiment, there’s no indication Facebook would do this), but an interesting and kind of scary idea…
– The Curious Link Between the Fly-By Anomaly and the “Impossible” EmDrive Thruster – I keep reading about the EmDrive off and on – is it possible it’s real?
– Debugging memory corruption: who the hell writes “2” into my stack?! – a fun debugging story
– Secret Thermal Camera Footage Allegedly Shows Seven Pro Cyclists Using Illegal Motors In Bikes – yikes, that is devious
– On Ed Balls Day, Britain Comes Together for an Unofficial Holiday – oh Britain, you just keep being you 🙂