Hello from India! I’m here for another week, and I’ve been posting a few pictures as I go (real post with pictures coming later)
– Obamacare Has Insured 20 Million People – just a reminder that Obamacare is basically working!
– Merrick Garland Is Obama’s Rope-a-Dope Nominee – interesting theory
– The Supreme Court and the Extinction of the Serious Republican Senator – burn! Also: this is sad.
– What Costco’s New Wages Say About the Health of the American Economy – yay, probably!
– “Ego depletion” may have been debunked – aw, man!
– Does Raising Self-Esteem Turn Children into Narcissists? – short answer: not necessarily, but you have to be careful. Parental love and warmth increases self-esteem, while telling kids they are amazing at everything they do leads to narcissism. (thanks David!)
– Elena Kagan Is Scalia’s Successor as the Best Writer on the Supreme Court – some fun reading, and I forgot about her citation of “One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish”! (thanks David!)
– Quiz: Can we guess your age and income, based solely on the apps on your phone? – I was pretty skeptical about this, and then I got “You are a married guy older than 32 who makes more than $52,000/year”, which is dead-on…
– The Hoaxster Who Revealed Sad Truths About America – linkbaity title, but Alan Abel pulled off lots of good hoaxes! (my favorite: he somehow got a fake referee – and a fake cop! – on the field at the 1983 Super Bowl!)