– If you like Bernie Sanders, you’ll love this other longtime progressive – spoiler alert: it’s Hillary! I appreciate that Bernie has brought some issues to the surface, but he just doesn’t seem like a serious candidate to me; she’s now attacking him as a one issue candidate, which rings fairly true to me.
But more importantly, I just can’t see Bernie winning in a general election. Scalia’s death is a good reminder that having a Democrat in the White House is a very important thing, and I don’t want to throw away an election to “make a point”. (especially if, God forbid, Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination, which used to sound ridiculous but now seems possible)
Also: I better not hear anyone say that “all the candidates except for are the same”, because that is so wrong I don’t even know where to begin.
– As Zika virus spreads, El Salvador asks women not to get pregnant until 2018 – oh man, that is terrifying. Although from what I’ve read there’s no conclusive proof that Zika causes microcephaly, it’s certainly suggestive from the numbers.
– What Went Wrong In Flint – a good longishform peace by FiveThirtyEight. Man, reading this made me angry.
– Glittering Blue (warning: browser intensive) – a beautiful view of the Earth from a Japanese weather satellite.
– The history of the world, as you’ve never seen it before – a little hyperbolic there, but it is a nice way of combining different parts of history.
– What Were The Least (And Most) Corrupt Countries In 2015? – we’re #16! We’re #16!
– Make your own Super Mario Maker wallpaper!
– A Peek Inside Turing Pharmaceuticals: ‘Another $7.2 Million. Pow!’ – obviously this is terrible, but this is a constant danger of a capitalistic medical system.
– Troisi, Williams: Public health approach can stem gun violence – hey, that’s my mom! Also, she’s 100% right!
– Party, Gender, Whiskey: How Campaigns Place Ads to Reach New Hampshire Voters – a fun interactive look at targeting. Apparently I watch the Ellen DeGeneres Show!