– Microsoft Leads Movement to Offset Emissions With Internal Carbon Tax – cool, good for them! Apparently Disney and Shell(!) are doing this as well. On the other side: Exxon’s Climate Concealment
– How Steve Jobs Fleeced Carly Fiorina – I think it’s a little unfair to say if you were out-businessed by Steve Jobs you don’t deserve to be president (although there are other reasons she was a bad CEO), but I found this story about what the deal was with the HP iPod pretty interesting.
– Do We Value Low-Skilled Work? – it’s easy to call something “low-skilled” when you’re not the one doing it. (thanks David!)
– Programming Sucks – a little ranty but funny!
– Clinton Emails Became the New Focus of Benghazi Inquiry – I didn’t realize the Benghazi committee started all of this. This is starting to sound a bit like Whitewater…
– It’s sleazy, it’s totally illegal, and yet it could become the future of retirement – tontines – not just a sitcom plot anymore, I guess!
– Sitting for long periods doesn’t make death more imminent, study suggests – well, dang it, which is it?
– Wondermark: A Truly Incredible Time – hah! (thanks Emily!)
– Weird Simpsons VHS – pretty much what it says on the box. A little disturbing…