Merry Christmas (almost!) If you like technical ebooks all of Packt Publishing is on sale for $5 today.
– Should Surgeons Keep Score? – yes…yes, they should! Measuring results helps you get better.
– 122 Things Everyone Should Know About Investing and the Economy – some of these are a bit repetitive, but on the whole it’s good advice. (thanks Adam!)
– Abundance without Attachment – as always, money isn’t the root of all evil, but love of money is. Also: spend money on experiences, not things!
– In Praise of Small Miracles – more about how nudging people to do good things (saving for retirement, etc.) can work.
– Air Fares 101 – Why do fares change all the time? – a pretty good explanation of why plane fares go up and down, seemingly without reason.
– Every Episode of Every ‘Star Trek’ Series Ever, Ranked (warning: link to playboy.com) – I didn’t read the whole thing, but the top 20 or so look pretty solid. Impressive work!