– Why You Should Tip More Than You Do Now – a good reminder.
– Companies with Benefits – the idea of a for-profit company that also pledges to achieve social goals is pretty neat.
– The Pragmatic Libertarian Case for a Basic Income Guarantee – I don’t agree with everything in here, but I am glad to see the idea of a basic income starting to be discussed in the US. Will it ever happen? Probably not, but a man can dream…
– Inside the Mirrortocracy – this is a pretty damning post. It’s easy enough to be unconsciously biased against people who aren’t “like you” in some way – baking that into the culture only makes it worse. Actively thinking about your biases is a good step towards defeating them!
– Love People, Not Pleasure – so I read this editorial and thought “OK, this isn’t too surprising”, and then I got to the bottom and the author is the president of the American Enterprise Institute and I was like whaaa? But, good for him! (and in retrospect I’m a bit less surprised – the issue isn’t really a liberal versus conservative thing)
– The ‘World Cup Is Over, Now What?’ Guide to Soccer – obviously a bit late on my part, but still a good guide.
– How Fan Loyalty Changed During the World Cup – pretty nice visualization.
– CIA covert operation helped America win the race to the Moon – pretty interesting story!
– Brazil’s Secret History of Southern Hospitality – wow, this reads like something out of a novel! (thanks Adam!)
– The Cornish beaches where Lego keeps washing up – it’s part cute, part environmental disaster!