– Qatar World Cup 2022: Fifa vice-president ‘would support’ re-vote – oh man, if the 2022 World Cup ends up coming to the USA I will be over the moon! Elsewhere in FIFA corruption: Fixed Soccer Matches Cast Shadow Over World Cup – yikes!
– What is Obama’s plan to tackle global warming? – a good explainer-type thingy. This could be a big deal, I think?
– Skype shown automatically translating multilingual voice calls – aww yeah, the Universal Translator is here! (you know, soonish)
– Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds – I hesitate to give too much credence to a shooter who clearly has anger issues (including but not limited to women), but the article is right regardless.
– Edgar Wright – How to Do Visual Comedy – longish video, but explains why Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) is awesome! (PS: he is awesome)
– Watch H. Jon Benjamin play HAL 9000 in ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ – H. Jon Benjamin = Archer and Bob from “Bob’s Burgers”
– How to Tell Someone’s Age When All You Know Is Her Name – oh man, this is cool. Totally going to do this for my next(*) app! (* – currently working on at least two apps, so this may never happen)
– OK, so maybe we can be a *little* frightened – cosmology is scary sometimes!