Life has gotten kinda crazy so I haven’t posted links in *checks* ack, months! So, here goes…
– You Never Move Your Settler! – Opening Strategy Splits Civ V Studio – like all good arguments, this one was settled with science!
– America And The Protestant Work Ethic – working is good but the work ethic in the US can be a bit out of control.
– Our Internet Empathy Problem – or “People are Terrible on the Internet”
– A long article about ITER’s quest to make a fusion reactor with a tokamak and the problems with a large international engineering effort.
– When the emergency room is your only option – lack of after-hours care is a problem. (thanks David!)
– An interesting article on apps and books with crazy prices
– This Super Bowl for a lawyer in Georgia is…truly amazing.
– The Global Map of Homophobia – pretty stark differences between the continents
– Cryptic Crossword: Amateur Crypto and Reverse Engineering – very detailed (but interesting!) story of reverse-engineering some custom “encryption”.
– Space Elevators Are Totally Possible (and Will Make Rockets Seem Dumb) – nothing new here, but I believe in space elevators!
– Super-old news at this point, but: the Texas same-sex marriage ban was struck down! (pending appeal, of course)
– Netflix and Net Neutrality – yeah, any time I hear “innovation” from ISPs I get scared.
– Behold Arscoin, our own custom cryptocurrency! – very cool to see the steps you have to take to make your own cryptocurrency!
– Sesame Street: Pentatonix Counts (& Sings) to Five – yay for awesome people on Sesame Street! (thanks Britton!)
– The Kindly Brontosaurus: The amazing, prehistoric posture that will get you whatever you want, whenever you want it. – does this actually work? I am skeptical.
– What people order at Starbucks around the United States – apparently I belong in Omaha!