“Oklahoma” because that’s where I am, not because the links have anything to do with Oklahoma 🙂
– How To Keep Your Best Programmers – very interesting post. The thesis is that people have a desire for autonomy, mastery, and purpose, and falling short on any of these will make people want to quit. (thanks Adam!)
– Great Geek Debates: Disney Princesses vs. Hayao Miyazaki – Miyazaki FTW! The archetypes versus characters section is the most important for me – the characters in Miyazaki films always seem so real!
– Capitalism vs. Democracy – does capitalism naturally lead to greater inequality? Maybe.
– A new paper suggests there may be a “indistinguishability obfuscator” that could effectively obscure computer programs, which would be a major advance in cryptography.
– 3 myths that block progress for the poor by Bill and Melinda Gates
– Almost Everything in “Dr. Strangelove” Was True – well, that’s frightening. The PAL codes being set to 00000000 is the worst part!
– The Art of Presence – some tips on being there for people who are going through trauma
– Someone Wrote a Poem About The Sims‘s Amazing Software Updates – awesome! The best is “Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child’s body when traveling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday.”