– Poverty in America is Mainstream – some interesting facts here, like it affects way more people than I thought, although the average time spent in poverty is relatively short, which certainly challenges my preconceptions. Along the same lines – 7 Things No One Tells You About Being Homeless (a surprisingly serious piece from Cracked)
– Yet another article about Switzerland’s proposal for a basic income – the more I read about this the more I’m convinced this is a good idea, or at least worth trying.
– How the Super-Rich Are Abandoning America – yeah, that’s depressing.
– Interesting article on how baseball would be different if they only played 16 games a season instead of 162.
– An article about how an ad agency would market broccoli – apparently, picking a fight with kale is good business!
– 39% of people in South Carolina support same-sex marriage – whoa! For some perspective, in 2006 a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage passed 78-22%.
– Oklahoma! Where the Kids Learn Early – wow, apparently Oklahoma has universal prekindergarten!
– Occupy Wall Street activists buy $15M of Americans’ personal debt – at the cost of $400K. Nifty!
– China discovers that pollution makes it really hard to spy on people – well, that’s…something.
– An awesome-looking tea calendar (thanks Andrew!)