The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) health exchanges open next week (if the government doesn’t shut down!), so here are some interesting links about it/them:
– Final Word On Obamacare Coverage: Cheaper Than Expected – definitely some caveats here, but premiums are lower than expected. The free market at work!
– How eight lives would be affected by the health law – interesting look by the Washington Post, although of course this is a tiny sample size.
– The Plot To Kill Obamacare – this just in, Republicans will do almost anything to prevent Obamacare from happening or working.
– Free to Be Hungry – it blows my mind that, with the growing inequality we have in the US, some people think that cutting food stamps is a good idea. (food stamps are less than $5 a day per person)
– Here Are the GOP’s Debt-Ceiling Demands, and They Are Insane – the title says it all.
Other non-politics things, which you might need after the depressing state of politics these days, or at least I sure do:
– Unhappy Truckers and Other Algorithmic Problems – interesting article about optimizing routes for UPS drivers.