– A new analysis from outside groups shows that Romney’s tax plan will raise taxes on anyone making $200K or less, and lower them for anyone making more than that. So…yeah. I don’t mind higher taxes to reduce the deficit, or investing in infrastructure/education/etc., but raising my taxes so millionaires can get a tax cut…not so much.
– Speaking of Romney and taxes, here’s a striking graph comparing the past 5 presidents + Romney’s yearly income and effective tax rate.
– The New York Times Is Now Supported by Readers, Not Advertisers – glad to see their online strategy is working, even if they did still suffer a pretty big loss. Related: anyone want to try an online subscription for 99 cents for 4 weeks? Drop me a line and I’ll send it your way!
– This a capella cover of BSG’s All Along the Watchtower is awesome. (thanks, Jessica!)
– A story about the LGBT student group at Rice back in the 70’s. Spoiler alert: Annise Parker makes an appearance!
– idreambooks.com is kinda like Metacritic, but for books.