– I read The 501 Developer Manifesto and was going to comment on it, and then I read I Guess I’m Not A 501 Developer and it was exactly what I wanted to say, so…nevermind. (the short version: not working long hours = good, but it’s OK to program on your own for fun, amirite?)
– Doctors Urge Their Colleagues To Quit Doing Worthless Tests – it makes me sad that it’s so easy for doctors to rely on “conventional wisdom” instead of staying up to date on the latest studies on the efficacy of tests/procedures/etc. To be fair, it’s a hard problem, but one worth solving!
– On Being Gay In Medicine: A Leading Harvard Pediatrician’s Story – powerful stuff, we’ve come a long way!
– Calling Radicalism by Its Name – it’s general election season, and don’t believe anyone who wants to reduce the deficit and cut taxes.
– Poll: Google’s More Popular Than Facebook, Twitter, and Even Apple – not too surprising, I guess, but why is Twitter so unpopular?
– Caine’s Arcade – if you haven’t seen it yet, 9-year-old Caine runs his own arcade made out of cardboard!
– Evidence: Fat People Can Be as Healthy as Thin People – as someone who is overweight but has generally healthy habits (more or less), yay!
– QArt codes – making art out of QR codes. Very clever!