So I’m “almost done” porting the ol’ marriage map to Windows Phone. Sadly, “almost done” means “I put off all the annoying stuff to the end that isn’t hard, but is tedious”. Here’s a list of said things:
– Making sure the app works when coming out of tombstoning
– Adding an “About” page with links to the homepage, to review the app, tips, etc.
– Turning any constants into settings, and adding the UI to change them and persist them between runs
– Making icons for the app (I need four different sizes!)
– Adding Little Watson so I can get an email when the app crashes (although this seems less necessary now that I know you can get a list of crash stack traces from the App Hub…but it’s still nice if I need to follow up or tell people that the crash has been fixed)
– Add links to my other Windows Phone apps
It’s a good thing actually seeing the app available for download/purchase is so rewarding, because finishing the app is a big slog. I can tell because I’m much more distracted by Twitter/reddit/etc. than usual…hopefully there’s not much more to go!