– Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs – written by a guy who was high up and seemed to really believe in the company. As Lawrence Lessig points out, this is not surprising given the market incentives – once Goldman Sachs went public and a bunch of regulations were removed, it’s a race to the bottom. Related: Why I am leaving the Empire, by Darth Vader.
– A cool triangle viewer of who voted for Santorum and Romney – most of this stuff is fairly obvious (rich people tend to vote Romney, “true conservatives” tend to vote for Santorum) but it’s a neat way to visualize it.
– Rubber Duck Problem Solving – at NI we call this “lamp-posting”, and it works. Is there something about programming in particular that makes this work, or does just saying other sorts of problems aloud help too?
– The Browser You Loved to Hate – Even Microsoft is making fun of old versions of IE now! (and, yeah, IE9 and 10 are definitely steps in the right direction)
– What America Sells To The World – a lot of stuff!
– Flying people over NYC! That is some clever marketing.