– Rumor is Nokia will be announcing the Lumia 900 at CES next week – if they do, I’ll almost certainly pick one up…even if I have to switch to AT&T. (grumble grumble)
– Speaking of Nokia, here’s Nokia Maps 3D (using WebGL!) May not work with every browser – worked for my Firefox at home but not at work, but Chrome seems to handle it. Unfortunately there’s only city-level data for a few major cities, but it’s pretty awesome to pan around London…
– How Doctors Die – pretty sure I linked to a similar article some time ago. Anyway, it’s hard to know when to “give up hope”, and I hope if I’m in that situation I can get good advice from my doctor.
– The Battle Over Gay Marriage Set To Go Nationwide – looks like 2012 will be a big year. Go Washington, Maryland, and Maine! (and boo North Carolina, Minnesota, and New Hampshire)
– Welcome to the Age of Overparenting – thoughtful article about backing off and giving kids more independence. (thanks David!)
– 2011 Lesson #2 : Don’t Carpe Diem – don’t stress about enjoying yourself every single minute! (also, things are more fun in retrospect, which if fine) (thanks Liz!)
– Why do we pay sales commissions? – good article from Fog Creek.