Now, a bunch of links:
– A rational theory behind the Netflix/Qwikster split is that it helps Netflix in negotiations with content providers (a similar Wired article). This makes more sense than anything I’ve read so far, and the link to an explanation of affiliate fees was very helpful.
– An article showing that salt probably isn’t linked to heart disease unless you’re hypersensitive to it.
– A good description of why teenagers are so reckless – their brains are still forming in various ways. (thanks David!)
– The MOB makes the New York Times! (although the article is pretty short)
– An example of a particular highway in Massachusetts whose speed limit is artificially low so the police can write more tickets. I think that Texas has a law saying that towns can get no more than a fixed percentage of their budget from traffic tickets, and that’s helped similar shenanigans from taking place down here. (thanks David!)
– Don’t shine laser pointers at airplane/helicopter pilots – worth it for the video of a guy doing it being arrested.
– A good logic joke (thanks David!)