– Why Summer Vacations (and the Internet) Make You More Productive – especially, I’m guessing, for creative-type jobs.
– Do property rights increase freedom? (Japan edition) – interesting story of a “libertarian’s paradise” in Tokyo, where taxes are (presumably?) lower but there are few free roads, parks, and benches. While this might sound more fair in theory, having to constantly decide whether it’s worth buying a coffee you don’t really want to sit down is exhausting. This reminds me a lot of the ice cream book and how making choices is mentally taxing.
– The Future of webOS: What it Could Have Been… – juicy details about, among other things, slab-style phones that were cancelled because they took too long.
– Why most people don’t finish video games – short version: as gamers get older, they have less time. So publishers are shrinking the size of single-player campaigns, which is fine with me. If I get as much enjoyment out of a 10 hour game than a 20 hour one, hooray!
– A Super Mario Bros version of Portal?! – it’s Mario with a portal gun! And it’s going to be playable!