I stashed away some links and forgot to include them last time. So!
– Debate Showcases Pandering That Repels Voters – to summarize, at the Republican debate, a question was asked if the candidate would walk away from a deal that required one new dollar in taxes for every ten in spending reductions…and every single person said yes. I understand that this is primary season, but for the love of all that is good and holy, if no Republican is open to compromise at all it’s going to be impossible to get anything done.
– It’s the Economy, Dummkopf! – long Michael Lewis article about Germany, the economy, and (fair warning) excrement.
– 102 Things NOT To Do If You Hate Taxes – I like the quote at the end from Oliver Wendell Holmes:
I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.
– Warren Buffett again says to raise taxes on the very rich.
– A new study suggests that people want to avoid being at the bottom to the extent of not wanting policies that help them if they would help people below them catch up.
– Super creepy Pokemon hack – I know very little about Pokemon or even if this story is real, but this description of a hacked Pokemon game is, indeed, super creepy.
– Apparently, Herman Cain likes to quote the theme song from the Pokemon movie. Hah!
– A brief history of FIFA corruption – shorter version: FIFA has had a lot of corruption, yo!