From the Atlantic:
– A neat map of the counties of America by how their median family income has changed over the last 30 years. Austin is a “Boom town”!
– Secret Fears of the Super-Rich – the most surprising thing for me was that the survey respondents (with an average net worth of $78 million) don’t consider themselves financially secure, but would need 25% more than what they have to feel that way. Some of the big problems are ensuring their children grow up without a giant sense of entitlement, and constantly wondering if people like them or are just being friendly for their money.
From other places:
– Sadly, a same-sex marriage bill got sent back to committee in Maryland. But, tomorrow a bill will be introduced to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). Probably doesn’t have a great chance of passing, but it’s good to know people are fighting for it. It surprises me that according to an HRC poll, 51% of Americans oppose DOMA! Maybe there is some hope after all…
– One of the four Democratic state senators in New York who voted against the same-sex marriage bill…lives with his gay partner. Yes, it’s still hypocritical if you’re a Democrat.
– Katamari Hack – make a Katamari on any web page! (works in Firefox 4 and Chrome…and maybe others)
– Weatherspark has a ton of weather data in a nice format. Here’s data from Camp Mabry.