I’m going to Germany next week! Looks like I’ll be busy with work stuff, but hopefully I’ll have some time to see some sights.
– An off-duty police officer in NYC foiled a robbery by shooting the gunman’s revolver out of his hands, which is something you’re probably told not to do but is really effective if you can make it work.
– Speaking of people being good at their job, check out this goalie’s mad dash back to defend his own goal. If he’s really that fast, why isn’t he playing a position that requires more running? (or maybe he’s just better rested – it is the end of a 90 minute game…)
– Speaking of sports and other hobbies, the Austin Comic Con is coming up next week, with Billy Dee Williams, Adam West, Burt Ward, and Lee Majors. I didn’t know we had a Comic Con!
– Speaking of things that make me happy, the rumor mill is suggesting there might be an even better Palm phone coming out next year on Sprint. Please please please!
– Speaking of things that interest me to the point of obsession, a psychologist suggests some tips on being happy: buying experiences instead of things, buying many small pleasures instead of big ones, and so on.