So I won the code bounty! I’ve really been enjoying writing Firefox extensions – it’s easy to get started and fast to see results, and I’m starting to understand XUL better. Anyway, Kate (who offered the bounty) is going to polish it up and release it, at which point I might consider using it – it’s convenient and is a better solution to passwords than a tiered password scheme.
I also got the $100 Amazon gift card, which I’m not sure what to do with. Is this good because I’m less materialistic or bad because I’m not excited about anything in particular at the moment?
– Happy Texas Independence Day!
– If you like crazy Obama theories, you’ll like this Daily Show segment! Sometimes I wonder where they find these people…
– The government is bailing out AIG some more, but the real story is that AIG lost $62 billion in 3 months!
– In a recent study, only 29% of people supported gay marriage, but this number went up to 43% if assurances were made that no church would be required to perform gay marriages. Which is kind of weird, because no church is required to perform particular kinds of marriages today.
– Obama frames things as people versus corporations and industries rather than Republican versus Democrat.