And now, a special Friday installment of Link Friday!
- Happy Repeal Day! I will raise a bottle tonight in celebration.
- Auditorium is this awesome flash game. It was quite popular at gamenight last night. (thanks to destroyerj for tipping us off)
- Remember that Senate race in Minnesota? Well, the recount is over (although there are still ballot challenges to look at) and Democrat Al Franken is up by a total of four votes. Not four hundred, not forty. Four!
- Inside the world’s most annoying economic crisis – apparently they’re short of coins in Argentina. Weird!
- The Incredible Convenience of Mathematica Image Processing – as someone who hasn’t used Mathematica in a long time, this is pretty cool.
- What Your Computer Does While You Wait – good article on how long things take (accessing L1 cache vs. L2 cache vs. memory vs. hard drive is a huge difference!)
- Python 3.0 (kinda known as Python 3000) was released yesterday. It’s incompatible with the 2.x series of Pythons to fix some cruft that had built up in the language. Here’s what’s new. (hint: a lot!)