A lot of stuff is coming out now that the election’s over. For example, apparently (and I honestly have a hard time believing this) Sarah Palin thought Africa was a country, and refused interview preparation for the disastrous Katie Couric interview. This seems to put in doubt thoughts of running in 2012. Here’s more on the “civil war” between McCain’s people and Palin’s people.
Nate Silver on what the hell happened in Alaska – looks like the most likely scenario is that Democrats didn’t show up to vote since the election had been called by then. Bad Democrats!
More of the Newsweek special election project – it’s hard to link to so here are the chapters that have been released. It’s really fascinating stuff if you’re interested in what was going on inside the campaigns!
- Highlights: Hackers and Spending Sprees
- Ch. 1: Barack Obama: How He Did It
- Ch. 2: John McCain: Back From the Dead?
- Ch. 3: The Long Clinton-Obama Siege
- Ch. 4: McCain Camp Retools, Targets Obama
- Ch. 5: Conventions. Obama Sweats the Clintons, McCain Gambles on Palin
- Ch. 6: Battling it Out in the Great Debates
- Ch. 7: The Final Days
All seven chapters are now released!